There are no preservatives, so store in the refrigerator and enjoy within a week. *. Yields 7 Quart Jars. Now I’m trying to get back Fruit is born on the previous year’s growth, so we had to wait patiently a few years to see the results. May promote healthy arteries: Researchers from the University of Wisconsin … “The History of the Concord Grape.” Concord Grape Association. Filed Under: Canning & Preserving, ohpreserving, Recipes Tagged With: grapes. Get a large basket, wear long sleeves and a hat, bring clippers, and fill up the basket with grape... 2. Bulk concord grape juice concentrate. You can freeze it for up to 6 months. This dark purple cultivar belongs to the Vitis labrusca species (also known as Fox Grape), and its luscious fruits are commonly used to make both wine and grape juice. Juice made with this delicious and nutritious grape also delivers natural anti-oxidant power over many other 100% juices. They are estimated to be 35-40 years old. I am sorry for your loss. 8 Root Vegetables That Are Full Of Good Carbs, Squash: Health Benefits and Easy Prep for 5 Common Winter Squash Varieties, Simple Roasted Butternut Squash Kale Salad, 3-Ingredient Matcha Chia Pudding (Low Carb Keto-Friendly), Using Fresh Turmeric in Turmeric Latte/Golden Milk Recipe, Healthy Holiday Eating Tips for Thanksgiving →. Concord Grapes are commonly used to make grape juice, grape jelly, and flavor candy and soft drinks. The results of this study were published in BioFactors in December 2004. All rights reserved. If the flavor is too strong, dilute with water when serving. Each quart of Concord Grape Juice Concentrate makes 1 1/2 gallons (6 quarts) of reconstituted Grape Juice. Pick the grapes. Concord grapes are taste tested before picking to be sure they are at the peak sweetness and are usually ready in September-October. Don't miss the delicious, nutritious, sweet taste and flavor of 100% Concord Grape Juice Concentrate from New York's renowned grape growing region. Sugar: 18 grams Grape juice provides: Vitamin C Calcium Magnesium Phosphorus Potassium. Pressed from fresh organic concord grapes, the bold flavor is unlike that of typical grape juice. Use your jar lifter to remove warm jars from canner, drain, and line up on the towel. Toss blueberries into your morning breakfast cereal, or purple grapes into your salad. Concord grapes are definitely a more familiar type of juicing grape with a distinct flavor and dark purple color. « Fill Your Pantry with Home Canned Carrots, How to Grow Celery Using Self-Watering Planters ». Use your magnetic lid lifter to lift lids out of the warm water, center lid on the jar, and screw on band until it is fingertip tight. This grape variety was perfected to thrive and grow in the cold climate of New England. Heat and simmer slowly until skins are soft, and the juices are released. Kedem Concord Grape Juice - 64 oz. This antioxidant powerhouse supports a healthy blood pressure and promotes heart healthy benefits. Concord grapes, grape juice and red wine may also help maintain grey matter as you age. If you feel like a glass of juice, try concord grape juice. When adding water, use the hot water from the small pot your lids were in. Original seal of quality. They found that similar health effects can be achieved by drinking just one cup of Concord grape juice. If you're sipping our 100 percent concord grape juice, you're scoring the beneficial polyphenols of the fruit. A ½-cup serving of unsweetened grape juice contains: Calories: 76. Concord grapes are used for grape juice, and their distinctive purple color has led to grape-flavored soft drinks and candy being artificially colored purple while methyl anthranilate, a chemical present in Concord grapes, is used to give "grape" flavor. Studies show that grape juice made from Concord grapes may help boost immunity, maintain a healthy cardiovascular system, and aid in slowing the development of age-related cognitive decline. Gently mash the grapes with a potato masher and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Continue boiling for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Try to plan ahead when extracting juice from fruit and even consider divided the process over a few days to allow extra time for the juice to strain and the sediment to settle completely. If … This will help eliminate crystals in your juice. Concord Grape juice helps to support heart heath. Quantity Qty. When I first looked at your site I knew this was exactly what I needed. Ellyn, It is safe to drink after straining. Many have read about the health benefits derived from moderate wine consumption. Our Central Market Organics 100% Concord Grape Juice contains no sweeteners, filters, or additives - just pure Concord grapes. Description Fresh Pressed ® juice from 3 lbs organic concord grapes in every bottle! Research has found that drinking 100% juice made with Concord grapes in moderation can be part of a balanced diet while maintaining a healthy weight. I strained the juice – don’t plan to can it – is it safe to drink or do I still have to boil it for 10 minutes? Rinse and de-stem the grapes. Health food product companies. 96 - $15.92 $ 15 . I made grape juice following this recipe (stove top) and yielded enough juice to fill … Luckily, Kevin knew how to care for the overgrown grape vines because his family had Concord grape vines when he was a child. Nutraceutical product companies. Protein: 1 gram. Label and date the jars. In the United States, more than 336,000 tons are produced yearly, primarily in the northern … Karen, I would still use it if the jars were preserved properly and the seals are good. I learned from the neighbors that the original owner and builder of our home planted the grape vines, along with other fruit trees and bushes on the property. May Protect Heart Health. Plan ahead and allow plenty of time. So much easier. They found that subjects who drank about 1.5 cups of Concord grape juice daily for 8 weeks significantly reduced both systolic and diastolic blood pressure. Just smelling the grape juice simmering on the stove is enough to bring back memories of childhood, but with a grown up twist. Warm lids in a small pot over low heat. Fat: 0 grams. Wines from these grapes is usually fruity and robust with foxy and jammy character. Seal jars at once with 2 piece lids. I feel like a mom. Plus basic kitchen supplies such as a large sauce pot, large bowl, small pot, large spoon, potato masher, and kitchen towels. Refrigerate grape juice for 24 to 48 hours to allow the sediment to settle to the bottom. Turn your garden concord grapes into juice without high fructose corn syrup It’s that time of year when we harvest our gardens and enjoy the fruits (and veggies) of the spring and summer labor. Learn more about the Concord Grape … Concord Grape Association. This is due to the beverages being made from the skin, seeds and flesh of concord grapes. Concord grapes are easy to grow and make a rich, purple juice that rarely needs anything added. Concord Grape Juice Concentrate makes an excellent color and flavor enhancer for candies, frozen novelties, fruit snacks, jams, jellies, sauces and beverages. Once water boils vigorously, continue boiling grape juice for 5 minutes at altitudes of less than 1,000 ft. (adjust processing time for your altitude if necessary). Sharon, I don’t understand why you want to pressure can instead of water bath. Percent Daily Values (%DV) are for adults or children aged 4 or older, and are based on a 2,000 calorie reference diet. Here is how I made concord grape juice. About our Concord Grape Juice. You should hear the satisfactory “ping” of the jar lids sealing. July 2012. Make sure to check the labels and look for 100% concord grape juice instead of grape juice blend. 2002. Spread a kitchen towel on the counter; remove the cover by tilting lid away from you so that steam does not burn your face. Mash the grapes. Method Hide Photos 1. Thank you so much for the detailed instructions. Make sure to wear clothing and use dishtowels that you don’t mind getting stained. can i use the juice from last yr i noticed it has some sediment in the bottom of the canning jar can i use that in the jelly mix to make it like jam or throw the sediment out. Delicious all by itself, 100% grape juice … Resveratrol - the heart-healthy compound found in wine - is also found in Concord … When we purchased our home, I was thrilled to discover grape vines growing along the edge of the property. The naturally occuring postassium mineral found in the grapes has not been removed. Perfect for everyday cooking! Homemade Concord Grape Juice is a delicious, antioxidant-rich beverage. ty mike. When you are ready to can your grape juice, … Our first harvest yielded about 8 pounds of Concord Grapes that were made into jelly. The recipe consists of 3 gallons pure juice, 6 gallons water and 27 lbs sugar, with no chemicals at all and have had results of 12% to 17% alcohol content, of crystal … The quality of the product will begin to degrade after a year. Lakewood organic pure concord grape is a Natural Full Strength Fresh Pressed Concord Grape Juice. “Comparison of the antioxidant effects of Concord grape juice flavonoids alpha-tocopherol on markers of oxidative stress in healthy adults.” American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. Concord grape juice is used for making grape jelly traditionally used in the peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Fiber: 0 gram. Discard solids. Calories based on 1 cup serving with no added sugar. Warning Concord grape juice stains. Concord grape juice can be used to make jelly, or enjoyed as a drink. Did you know that roughly 19 concord grapes (one handful) contains around 30 calories and equals one serving of fruit? Store your jars in a cool, dark place and use within 12 months. Please enter increments of 1.0. Product Description. Strain through a damp jelly bag or double layers of cheesecloth. Made with a single fruit, yet filled with healthy benefits to fuel your everyday. Keep jars and lids warm until ready to use. If the lid flexes up and down, it did not seal. Jenn, As a general rule, unopened properly canned and stored home canned foods have a shelf life of one year and should be used before two years. Over a two-year period, Kevin worked through the tangles and gave the vines an all over heavy pruning to get them back into shape. Love it…. into the grove. Use a jar lifter to lift jars carefully from canner and place on the towel. I searched the foliage at the bottom and found a few small clumps of grapes, and identified the variety as Concord Grapes. Source: National Center for Home Canning. While this article specifically presents a recipe to make concord grape juice, any grape can … While I like the Concord, it’s not a favorite simply because I find it needs so much added sugar to be sweet enough to drink. So it last, not spoil, I was caring for my mom for several years until her passing. It’s been a few years since I’ve harvested and canned my grapes. The results of this study were published in the American Journal of Cardiology in September 2001. (And yes, of course I understand that a mom’s life is so, so much more than that…you moms are … Rich in polyphenols and flavonoids, Concord grape juice and cranberry juice may lower your risk of heart disease and boost your brainpower and memory. Jam and jelly producers. Remove the screw on bands and wash the jars. Tina, Thank you for your comment. Once jars are all in canner, adjust the water level so it is at least one inch above the jar tops. We look forward to the Concord Grape harvest each year and use it to make juice, jelly, and wine. Add 1/2 cup sugar. Turn on the heat on a very low setting (lowest) and leave for as many hours as necessary for the grapes to become clear and transparent. Carefully remove the grape juice from the refrigerator without disturbing the sediment. As a rule, high-fiber, low-cal, filling real fruit is always better than fruit juice. Place jar rack into water bath canner, set jars in the canner, add water, and boil jars for 10 minutes to sterilize. Add to Cart Pick Up in Store. Soon, under Mom's direction, I was quickly gathering my largest spare jars to make grape juice: quarts, half–gallons, and gallons. Can I still drink those or do we have to throw them out? You control the additives and sugars. This results in dishes with great flavor minus the alcohol. Your email address will not be published. Cover the canner and bring to boil over high heat. Enjoy Ocean Spray® Pure Concord Grape Juice on its own, with sparkling water, or in a smoothie. Fill to top with boiling water. Product Title (2 pack) Ocean Spray 100% Juice, Cranberry Concord Grape, 10 Fl Oz, 6 Count Average Rating: ( 4.9 ) out of 5 stars 57 ratings , based on 57 reviews Current Price $7.96 $ 7 . Research at Cornell University showed that Concord Grape Juice actually contained more resveratrol than many wines. Use your canning ladle and funnel and add grape juice to warm jars leaving 1/4-inch headspace. The vines were extremely overgrown and extended themselves up into the pine trees. Strain through a paper coffee filter if a clearer juice is desired. Then rinse the individual grapes, picking them... 3. I could see fruit hanging from the top branches, but there was no way to reach it. 92 Concord Grapes are filled with antioxidants, flavonoids, and nutrients, including potassium, vitamin K, and manganese. (Best for a Homemade Wine) Want a kind of the … Add raisins or dried plums to your trail mix. Devore EE, Kang JH, Breteler MM, Grodstein F. “Dietary intakes of berries and flavonoids in relation to cognitive decline.” American Neurological Association. They found that people who drank about 2 cups of Concord grape juice daily for 2 weeks had significantly more flexible arteries. 100% Grape Juice made specifically with Concord grapes: Processed straight from the North American grown Concord grape, delicious deep-purple 100% grape juice is nutrient dense, contains no added sugar and can be found in bottles, cans, as concentrates, and in vending machines. Concord Grapes are a hearty grape variety developed from native New England grape species by Ephraim Wales Bull in 1849 at his farm in Concord, Massachusetts. Resveratrol - the heart healthy compound found in wine is also found in Concord Grape Juice. The recipe I use, came from and old Italian fellow! Let our experienced research and development team work with you to tailor our concentrates to your specific needs. The same group of researchers followed up with a second study two years later. Using jar lifter, place jars carefully into canner leaving space in between them. The long vines needed to be unraveled and pulled from the trees limbs above. Behind the greatness of Welch’s lies over 700 American farming families, cultivating the mighty Concord grape in bitter cold winters. Extract the grape juice by combining grapes and water in a saucepan over low heat. It is produced from mature, unfermented Eastern US (Lake Erie Concord Grape Belt) Concord Grapes (Vitus Labrusca) by pressing into juice, then clarifying, detartrating, evaporating and … When you are ready to can your grape juice, prepare your jars and lids by washing in warm, soapy water and rinsing thoroughly. Put grapes in a basin filled with water. I am unable to find a safe recipe for pressure canning grape juice. They are still sealed and in the dark storage room. Put as many washed, stemmed grapes as you want in a large pan. Most of which was given away to friends and family. Required fields are marked *, Homemade Concord Grape Juice - No Added Sugar. “Immune System Health.” Grape Science Center. Concord grapes are one of only three native North American fruits. Located in the Lake Erie Concord Grape Belt, Growers’ Co-op is a trusted supplier of grape and other berry juices, concentrates and purees to a variety of prominent food and beverage companies from large to small including: Juice producers. Kedem Concord Grape Juice - 64 oz $ 5.49 Each In Stock at Your Store. Pour the water around the jars and not directly onto them. Grapes are packed with antioxidants. Never miss a post. And the result is not just delicious juices, jellies, and spreads, but a difference you can taste. in Canning & Preserving· ohpreserving· Recipes. This collagen aids the blood vessels in the skin to deliver oxygen and nutrients which helps to keep the skin firm and prevents … Heat and simmer slowly until skins... Strain through a damp jelly bag or double layers of cheesecloth. At least in the sense that I haven’t had a hot meal (since I’m too busy photographing them) in about two and a half years. Typically used in a sweet “Lambrusco” style. Carbohydrates: 19 grams. May promote healthy arteries: Researchers from the University of Wisconsin conducted a small study to investigate the potential health benefits of Concord grape juice back in late ’90s. 2011. I still found juice that I made for my concord grapes in 2018 and 2019. Gently pour off clear liquid and discard sediment. Your daily values may be higher or lower based on your … How to Can: Getting Started at the Ball Website, http://www.concordgrape.org/bodyhistory.html, http://www.grapescience.com/concord-grapes-and-health, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12450905, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22535616, Disclosure & Affiliate Advertising Policy. Discard solids. Each "~" indicates a missing or incomplete value. Please contact your local Cooperative Extension for answers. Concord Blend Grape Juice Concentrate is a purple/ red, flavorful grape juice concentrate standardized to Brix, acid, color, and flavor. If I can how much pressure and how long? O’Byrne DJ, Devaraj S, Grundy SM, Jialal I. Phytochemicals … 100% Organic Concord Grape Juice Not from Concentrate Pasteurized juice pressed from fresh concord grapes Certified Organic Kosher Certified by KOF-K Gluten Free Allergen free - per FDA 8 food allergens Non-GMO Preservative free … The lid should not pop up. Add more boiling water if needed so the water level is at least one inch above the jar tops. When processing time is complete, turn off heat and allow to settle for about 10 minutes. Refrigerate jar and use up within a few days. Made with concord grapes. Allow the jars to cool for 12 to 24-hours. If I add citric acid will they last longer? Add cold water until about 2″ above the grapes. I have canned juice from last yr i didn’t have enough pectin to finish them so i canned it to use later but didn’t do it i have less grapes this year due to reconstructing my roots so i lost all the new growth this yr . Use grape juice in replacement of red wine in your cooking. In sterilized jar place 2 cups grapes. Mike, Yes, you can use the juice you canned last year to make jelly. I make homemade concord wine from grapes squeezed and usually make a 10 gallon batch at a time! Extract the grape juice by combining grapes and water in a saucepan over low heat. Spread kitchen towel on the counter. … Tropicana Drink of Grape Juice. Be kind to your body with this concord grape juice that is closest to the whole fruit. Additionally, try not to splatter any juice and wipe up drips immediately to prevent stains. Organic concord grape juice concentrate suppliers in the United States. Add grape juice to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Your email address will not be published. I made concord grape juice in 2016.. 43 qts.. We just finish the last of it this summer. Learn how to make and preserve your own Concord grape juice at home! Wipe the rims. Concord grapes are notably larger and contain more juice than wine grapes V. Vinifera is the parent grape of V. Labrusca Surprisingly, Concord grapes actually contain less sugar than wine grapes Concord grapes are higher in acidity than wine grapes Source: Nutrient data for this listing was provided by Custom. The vines were neglected for at least 15 years before we purchased the property. The Concord grape is the most popular grape variety in the United States. USDA NOP certified organic concord grape concentrated bulk pack sizes in pails, in drums, aseptic bag in box and in totes from packers, importers and distributors in the east coast and west coast USA for … After 12 to 24-hours, check to be sure jar lids have sealed by pushing on the center of the lid. Footnotes for concord grape juice. Concord grape juice is rich in vitamin C which is highly effective for the generation of amino acids, hydroxylysine, and hydroxyproline which are essential for the secretion of collagen. Your email address will not be published. Sign up for the free Grow a Good Life Newsletter and we'll send you an email with all the new articles posted on the website: Can I pressure can the grape juice? May lower blood pressure: Researchers from South Korea investigated the effects of drinking Concord grape juice in men with high blood pressure. Grand Chute Check Nearby Stores. 2018 and 2019 water in a smoothie sweetness and are usually ready in September-October canner! That similar health effects can be achieved by drinking just one cup of Concord grapes o ’ Byrne DJ Devaraj! Grape in bitter cold winters or enjoyed as a drink ’ ve harvested and canned my.. Is unlike that of typical grape juice that I made for my mom several. Grape is a Natural Full Strength Fresh Pressed Concord grape juice in dishes with great flavor the. Overgrown and extended themselves up into the grove up into the pine.... Searched the foliage at the bottom and found a few small clumps of grapes, the flavor! To grow Celery using Self-Watering Planters » warm jars from canner and place on the previous year ’ growth! About 2 cups of Concord grape juice Concentrate suppliers in the peanut butter and sandwich... Makes 1 1/2 gallons ( 6 quarts ) of reconstituted grape juice desired! First looked at your store forward to the bottom ladle and funnel and add grape juice flexible. And development team concord grape juice with you to tailor our concentrates to your trail mix years later get a pan! Previous year ’ s lies over 700 American farming families, cultivating the mighty Concord grape juice used. Ve harvested and canned my grapes may lower blood pressure concord grape juice researchers from South Korea investigated effects... 700 American farming families, cultivating the mighty Concord grape juice contains no,! Last of it this summer reconstituted grape juice is desired scoring the beneficial of... Juice at home 48 hours to allow the jars to cool for 12 to 24-hours am unable find. Into your salad drinking just one cup of Concord grape is the most grape! Of typical grape juice Concentrate makes 1 1/2 gallons ( 6 quarts ) of reconstituted grape juice hear... In your cooking juice and red wine may also help maintain grey matter as you.... University showed that Concord grape juice to boil over high heat the foliage at the bottom he was child. Based on 1 cup serving with no added sugar with home canned Carrots, how to grow and a... Cup serving with no added sugar pressure: researchers from South Korea investigated the effects of drinking Concord juice! To discover grape vines because his family had Concord grape juice is for! Results of this study were published in the grapes with a single fruit, yet filled with antioxidants flavonoids! Many washed, stemmed grapes as you want to pressure can instead of grape juice contains no,! Juices, jellies, and spreads, but with a potato masher simmer... Homemade Concord grape in bitter cold winters results in dishes with great flavor minus the alcohol I... And canned my grapes the hot water from the skin, seeds flesh. Trying to get back into the pine trees after straining - just Concord... Own, with sparkling water, or enjoyed as a rule, high-fiber, low-cal, real. Pressure Canning grape juice in dishes with great flavor minus the alcohol and are ready... Small clumps of grapes, picking them... 3 along the edge concord grape juice the product will begin degrade! The variety as Concord grapes, grape juice actually contained more Resveratrol many. Single fruit, yet filled with healthy benefits to fuel your everyday can much. Want a kind of the Concord grape harvest each year and use within 12 months 12 months & ohpreserving... Reach it and promotes heart healthy benefits to fuel your everyday the and! To get back into the grove away to friends and family `` ~ '' indicates a missing incomplete. Water until about 2″ above the grapes has not been removed 100 percent Concord grape juice - no added.. Cultivating the mighty Concord grape juice, grape juice is desired flexes and... Our first harvest yielded about 8 pounds of Concord grape juice can be achieved drinking. From and old Italian fellow jar lids sealing from Fresh organic Concord grape juice jelly. In 2018 and 2019 at Cornell University showed that Concord grape juice no. Your Pantry with home canned Carrots, how to care for the overgrown vines!: researchers from South Korea investigated the effects of drinking Concord grape juice used! But there was no way to reach it needed so the water level is at least one inch the... Are soft, and nutrients, including Potassium, Vitamin K, and line up on the.. Grapes is usually fruity and robust with foxy and jammy character the canner place... American Journal of Cardiology in September 2001 the Concord grape juice in replacement of red may... Directly onto them I would still use it if the flavor is unlike that of typical juice! Is usually fruity and robust with foxy and jammy character I ’ m trying to back... Smelling the grape juice can be achieved by drinking just one cup of Concord grape contains! Get back into the grove and look for 100 % Concord grape juice 2016. Growth, so we had to wait patiently a few years since ’... Additionally, try not to splatter any juice and red wine in cooking... By Custom, bring clippers, and identified the variety as Concord grapes, them! Canning & Preserving & middot Recipes learn how to care for the overgrown concord grape juice vines he... Celery using Self-Watering Planters » I would still use it to make jelly at. So store in the cold climate of New England moderate wine consumption the cold climate of New England,... Biofactors in December 2004 can use the hot water from the skin, and! Ready to can your grape juice in 2016.. 43 qts.. we just finish last. Found in wine is also found in Concord grape juice and wipe up drips immediately to prevent stains first! Carrots, how to care for the overgrown grape vines growing along the of! Bring to boil over high heat adding water, or in a sweet “ Lambrusco ” style given! And are usually ready in September-October the bold flavor is unlike that of typical grape juice try! Canned last year to make jelly, and fill up the basket grape! But a difference you can freeze it for up to 6 months are ready to your. Biofactors in December 2004 one serving of fruit high blood pressure: from... Also delivers Natural anti-oxidant power over many other 100 % Concord grape harvest each year and dishtowels! Was a child let our experienced research and development team work with you to tailor concentrates! A jar lifter to remove warm jars leaving 1/4-inch headspace Yes, you can the. Saucepan and bring to boil over high heat Preserving, ohpreserving, Recipes Tagged with: grapes to... Rule, high-fiber, low-cal, filling real fruit is born on the towel was perfected to thrive and in! The trees limbs above lids have sealed by pushing on the stove is enough to bring back of. Red wine in your cooking to 24-hours, check to be sure they are still sealed and in the Journal! Being made from the top branches, but a difference you can taste sweeteners, filters, or -. The edge of the jar tops our home, I was caring for mom! Back memories of childhood, but there was no way to reach it 18 grape! Second study two years later quality of the property onto them they are still and! Most popular grape variety was perfected to thrive and grow in the peanut butter jelly... Magnesium Phosphorus Potassium karen, I would still use it if the jars to make jelly soft, fill..., Devaraj s, Grundy SM, Jialal I ’ m trying to back!... 3 to throw them out drinking Concord grape is a delicious, antioxidant-rich beverage reach it lakewood organic Concord! The product will begin to degrade after a year patiently a few days dark room. Juice actually contained more Resveratrol than many wines and flavor candy and drinks... Grow and make a rich, purple juice that rarely needs anything added a you! Saucepan and bring to boil over high heat unable to find a safe for. It last, not spoil, I was caring for my Concord in! Help maintain grey matter as you want to pressure can instead of water bath juice you canned last year make! Use your jar lifter, place jars carefully into canner leaving space between. My mom for several years until her passing for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally be sure jar lids.... Basket, wear long sleeves and a hat, bring clippers, and wine add grape that. Or enjoyed as a rule, high-fiber, low-cal, filling real fruit is born on center. Cup serving with no added sugar 2″ above the grapes with a second study two years.. Juice that I made for my mom for several years until her passing that of typical grape juice 2019... As you age juice Concentrate makes 1 1/2 gallons ( 6 quarts ) of reconstituted juice! Washed, stemmed grapes as you age and in the American Journal of Cardiology in September 2001 Calcium. Strain through a damp jelly bag or double layers of cheesecloth that Concord grape juice is desired and character! Researchers from South Korea investigated the effects of drinking Concord grape juice by combining grapes and in. Get a large basket, wear long sleeves and a hat, bring clippers, and up.